2011-08-01

Come Up And See Me

There's the kind of relationship that doesn't benefit from getting to know someone closer. Sometimes you like a person better before you know them, really. But then there's the kind of relationship that withstands the test of time, where it doesn't matter if you don't see each other for months and years, it's still right back to the same level once you do get together, and those are the ones I like the best. Probably because I'm slightly lazy (as they don't take too much effort).

Most my really good friends are people I see once every few years or so. Most of them don't live in the same country, or even on the same continent, as I do. Regardless of the crap I've put them through, and it's most likely been a lot, regardless of distance and of the differences in our lifestyles, regardless of time and place and change, I know we're still as close as ever when we get the chance to be. Maybe in a different way, but not a less way, never a less way.

Last night I had an unexpected phone call. Seems I'll be having a visitor later this month. Last time we hung out was in 2005, in Calgary, AB. My hair's longer now than it was then, but that's probably the only thing that's gonna be different.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe....I knock on your door one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you would. You'd like it here. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to drop in! but i would get in trouuble for it!
    ;o)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah! Trouble with capital T but well worth it... ;D

    xx

    ReplyDelete